Fall iPhone/iPad Studio Schedule
August 23, 2011
Interested in iOS app development, or know someone who is? With Apple’s release of Xcode 4 this spring and iOS 5 coming this fall, now is a great time to get in the game! We have two opportunities for you to get top-notch iOS training yet this year:
Attending this 4-day, hands-on programming course is a great way to quickly become a proficient iOS developer. Through a series of guided instruction, hands-on exercises, and discussion, you’ll learn:
- Enough Objective-C to jump right into iOS development including classes, objects, properties, message sending, memory management, and the Foundation classes
- How to use Xcode 4 efficiently with various tips and tricks
- Coding best practices using the object-oriented design patterns in Cocoa Touch such as model-view-controller (MVC), delegation, and notifications
- How to design views and wire them up to view controllers with outlets and actions
- Using table views to organize tabular data, insert and delete data, and navigate between tables using navigation controllers
- Using navigation and tab bar controllers to improve the user experience of your app
- Handling keyboard input using delegates and responding to touch events using gesture recognizers
- Fundamentals of using Core Data for managing, modeling, and persisting app data
- Designing simple, yet effective, view animations
- How to use split-view controllers and popovers unique to iPad apps
- Using Instruments to detect memory leaks and profile the performance of your app
Throughout the course you’ll build 10 example apps to boost your confidence and gain valuable hands-on experience. You’ll come away from this course ready to create your first iOS app, or improve your existing app.
Check out the full course description and all the details. Early registration for the next course ends September 23rd. Don’t wait to sign up—these courses tend to sell out early!
If you have a team of developers (roughly 5 or more) who need to get up to speed on iOS development, consider scheduling a private iOS course on-site at your location.